The MVAPICH User Group Meeting (MUG) aims to bring together MVAPICH2 users, researchers, developers, and system administrators to share their experience/knowledge and learn from each other. The event includes Keynote Talks, Invited Tutorials, Invited Talks, Contributed Presentations, Open MIC session, hands-on sessions with MVAPICH developers, etc. The fourth annual meeting in this series (MUG '16) will be held during August 15-17, 2016 in Columbus, OH, USA.
Context and scope:A set of short contributed presentations from MVAPICH users will be included in the event.
Topics for presentations include, but are not limited to:
Case studies and best practices of novel applications from different application domains, such as: astronomy, bio-informatics, biology, earth and atmospheric sciences, fluid dynamics, materials science and engineering, medicine and physics
Performance and scalability studies of applications on large-scale systems
Special tuning and optimization strategies to exploit maximum performance and scalability
Tools and code instrumentation for measuring and monitoring performance and/or resilience
Tools for parallel program development (e.g., debuggers and integrated development environments)
Unique usage scenarios such as GPGPUs, MICs, PGAS, Energy-Awareness, Virtualization, etc.
Submission should include title of the presentation, speaker(s), short bio of the speaker(s), and a draft version of the presentation (around 10-15 slides in PDF or PowerPoint format).
Send your submission in a single file to email@example.com.
|Presentation Submission Deadline:||July 10, 2016|
|Notification of Acceptance:||July 15, 2016|
- Thomas Schulthess (CSCS, Switzerland)
- Gilad Shainer (Mellanox)
- Kapil Arya (Northeastern University)
- Jens Glaser (University of Michigan)
- Darren Kerbyson (Pacific Northwest National Laboratory)
- Ignacio Laguna (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
- Adam Moody (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory)
- Takeshi Nanri (University of Kyushu, Japan)
- Davide Rossetti (NVIDIA)
- Sameer Shende (University of Oregon)
- Karl Schulz (Intel)
- Filippo Spiga (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Sayantan Sur (Intel)
- Rick Wagner (San Diego Supercomputer Center)
- Wu Shaohua (Inspur, China)
Invited Tutorials and Hands-on Sessions
- NVIDIA Tutorial: Recent Advances in CUDA for GPU Cluster Computing - Davide Rossetti, Sreeram Potluri
- Intel Tutorial: Designing High Performance Software on Intel Xeon Phi and OmniPath Architecture - Ravi Murty, Sayantan Sur
- Tutorial: How to Boost the Performance of Your MPI and PGAS Applications with MVAPICH2 Libraries - MVAPICH Group
- Demo and Hands-On Session: Performance Engineering of MPI Applications with MVAPICH2 and TAU - Sameer Shende (University of Oregon, Eugene) with Hari Subramoni and Khaled Hamidouche (Ohio State University)